Magic (also known as sorcery) is the practice of supernatural powers that encompasses many different types of activities including divination, rituals, spells, and spirit communication. It includes the practices of many cultures, nations and religions as well as many books and writings from ancient times. While magic itself is relatively neutral (neither bad nor good), magic can often be used for either negative or positive purposes.
Magic is the power to affect change through supernatural means. While some creatures, such as fairies, are born with their very own brand of power, magic can also be learned by humans. However, unlike fairies and trolls and various other magical beings, humans must rely upon the use of potions, rituals and spells in order to achieve their magical desires. Furthermore, while some humans might choose to learn magic, others, such as Freya and Ravenna, are born into their powers, which often manifest during puberty, or after the experience of an emotional upheaval. This was proven with Freya, who came into her powers after the violent death of her baby, as oppose to her sister, Ravenna, who came into her powers as a child.
Humans who practices magical powers are commonly known as "sorcerers". Sorcerers are capable of manifesting a wide variety of supernatural powers that can be used through sheer will, as oppose to ritualized spells. Thus far, Ravenna is believed to be one of the most powerful sorcerers to have appeared in both films, followed by her younger sister, Freya. It should be noted that while Freya and Ravenna both inherited magical powers from their mother, their late brother Finn showed no signs of magical potential. This seems to imply that females are more likely to inherit powers from their parents than males are. Nevertheless, Ravenna has proven that a sorcerer can bestow magical traits unto others, such as the longevity that she shared with her brother.
Notable Magics Edit
- Cryokinesis: The ability to generate, manipulate and fully control ice, snow and cold temperatures. it can be used to freeze and unfreeze objects/beings, create different kinds of ice objects and structures such as ice-ladders, ice-slides, ice-shields, ice-barriers, ice-walls, ice-domes, ice-bolts, ice-blasts, ice-beams and other constructs of ice. It can be used for healing porpoises. User can also manipulate water and it's three states due to the fact that water and ice are one-and-the-same.
- Hematokinesis: The ability to generate and manipulate blood either internal and external. It can be used to create different blood construction such as Soldier and sharp like-tentacles, as well as solidificate blood or make it boil, user can manipulate the blood inside itself for different purposes like enhancing the pressure of it to become more durable and gain more strength as well as vitality and longevity, user can also use this for healing and regenerative purpose, it can increase the quantity of blood inside and outside the body.
Magic Powers Edit
- Astral Projection: The power to project the astral form outside of the physical body in order to travel from one location to another.
- Divination: The power to gain knowledge about and object, person and location, as well as divine future, past, and present events based off extrasensory perception.
- Nature Control: The power to control and manipulate the elements of air, earth, fire, water, Ice, flora, weather, etc.
- Glamouring: The power to create believable hallucinations and visions of something that is not actually present.
- Healing: The power to recover quickly, as well as heal any wound from minimals to mortals.
- Levitation: The power to float or rise the physical body within midair through mental influence.
- Longevity: The power to live for hundreds (possibly thousands) of years while maintaining a beautiful and youthful appearance.
- Mind Control: The power to control and manipulate the body, mind and spirit of another person and all forms of fauna.
- Necromancy: The power to reanimate and revive the bodies of the dead. Also can control the deaths.
- Potion Brewing: The power to create paranormal elixirs that have supernatural effects.
- Spell Casting: The power to change and control the material world and physical events through incantations and recitations.
- Telekinesis: The power to control and manipulate objects and persons through mental influence. As well as generate psionic barriers and blasts.
- Telepathy: The power to read minds or mentally communicate with others and project the user's thoughts into others minds. As well as generate psychic barriers and blasts.
- Teleportation: The power to disappear from one location and instantly reappearing in another location. As well as open portals.